Love is in the air once again as Valentine's Day approaches. Whether you're a long-time couple or just starting out with someone special, it's always a perfect time to show your love and affection. And what better way to celebrate than by spending some quality time together while indulging in 13 romantic activities in the beautiful state of New Jersey. From strolling along the beach to indulging in mouth-watering meals, our list of romantic activities will surely help you create sweet memories with your special someone. So, put on your most comfortable clothes and let us help inspire your Valentine's Day plans.
What You'll Learn
- Visit a winery or vineyard for a wine tasting (various locations throughout NJ)
- Take a sunset stroll along the beach (Jersey Shore)
- Have a romantic dinner at a cozy restaurant (various locations throughout NJ)
- Take a hot air balloon ride (various locations throughout NJ)
- Book a couples massage at a spa (various locations throughout NJ)
- Take a scenic hike or nature walk (various locations throughout NJ)
- Watch a movie at a drive-in theater (various locations throughout NJ)
- Plan a picnic in a park or botanical garden (various locations throughout NJ)
- Attend a jazz or live music performance (various locations throughout NJ)
- Visit a museum or art exhibit (various locations throughout NJ)
- Take a cooking class together (various locations throughout NJ)
- Rent a tandem bike and tour the town (various locations throughout NJ)
- Enjoy a horse-drawn carriage ride (various locations throughout NJ)
Visit a winery or vineyard for a wine tasting (various locations throughout NJ)
Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and if you're looking for a unique and romantic way to celebrate, why not visit a winery or vineyard in New Jersey for a wine tasting? With numerous locations throughout the state, you're sure to find the perfect spot to impress your special someone.
If you're in the southern part of NJ, start your day off at Bellview Winery in Landisville. This winery offers a variety of different tastings, including sweet, dry, and semi-sweet options. You can also opt for their chocolate and wine pairing that includes six wines and six chocolate truffles to compliment each other. For an ultimate experience, you can treat your loved one with a wine and cheese platter while enjoying the gorgeous view of the vineyard.
If you're closer to central NJ, Tesla Vintners in Hopewell would be a great option. They offer a unique tasting experience with their wines being made from grapes grown exclusively in California wine country. Treat your loved one to their delicious Cabernet Franc, Montepulciano or delightfully refreshing rosé while enjoying the view from their deck.
In North NJ, Ventimiglia Vineyard in Wantage is worth the drive. This boutique winery has a cozy tasting room with a fireplace that sets a perfect romantic ambiance. They offer four different tastings, each with wine selections from their extensive collection. As an added bonus, their gift shop sells assorted chocolates and local cheese, which would pair perfectly with the wine.
For couples that are looking for more than just wine, Cream Ridge Winery in Cream Ridge offers horse-drawn carriage rides through the vineyard. The ride takes about 30 minutes and includes a wine tasting of six different wines. It's a unique and romantic experience that both you and your partner won't forget.
Valentine's Day is a day to celebrate your love and affection for your partner, and what better way to do it than by raising a glass of wine together? Whether you decide to visit Bellview Winery, Tesla Vintners, Ventimiglia Vineyard or Cream Ridge Winery, you're sure to have an unforgettable experience with your loved one. Book your wine tasting today and make your Valentine’s Day extra special.
You may want to see also
Take a sunset stroll along the beach (Jersey Shore)
Valentine's Day is just around the corner and you're probably wondering how to make it special for your loved ones. Well, if you're in New Jersey, we've got you covered with plenty of romantic activities to choose from. One of the best things to do on Valentine's Day in NJ is to take a sunset stroll along the beach, especially along the Jersey Shore.
The Jersey Shore is known for its pristine beaches, stunning sunsets, and warm summer days. But, even in the winter months, the Jersey Shore has a unique charm that makes it perfect for romantic walks on the beach. Imagine holding hands with your partner, watching the sun dip below the horizon, and feeling the cool ocean breeze on your skin. It's truly a magical experience that you won't forget.
The good news is that many of the beaches along the Jersey Shore are free and open to the public, so you don't have to spend a lot of money to enjoy this romantic and breathtaking experience. If you're looking for the perfect place to take a sunset stroll, consider some of the most popular beaches along the Jersey Shore like Sandy Hook, Atlantic City, or Cape May.
Sandy Hook is a popular choice for sunset strolls, as it's a quiet and peaceful beach that offers stunning views of the New York City skyline. If you're looking for something a bit more lively, Atlantic City is a great option, with its bustling boardwalk, casinos, and nearby restaurants. But, if you're looking for something more low-key and intimate, Cape May is the perfect destination, with its charming Victorian architecture, cozy bed and breakfasts, and quiet beaches.
No matter which beach you choose, remember to dress in layers and bring a blanket, as it can get chilly by the ocean in the winter months. Additionally, make sure you check the weather forecast beforehand, so you can plan your walk accordingly.
In conclusion, there are plenty of things to do on Valentine's Day in NJ, but taking a sunset stroll along the beach along the Jersey shore is one of our top recommendations. It's a romantic and unforgettable experience that you and your loved one will cherish forever.
You may want to see also
Have a romantic dinner at a cozy restaurant (various locations throughout NJ)
Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and if you're looking for something special to do with your significant other in New Jersey, look no further! One classic Valentine's Day activity that never goes out of style is having a romantic dinner at a cozy restaurant. Lucky for you, there are a plethora of options to choose from throughout the state.
For a classic, upscale dining experience, head over to The Bernards Inn in Bernardsville. This restaurant has been dubbed the "most romantic restaurant in New Jersey" by NJ.com, and for good reason! The elegant decor, attentive service, and menu featuring dishes like lamb chop and venison make for an unforgettable evening.
If you're feeling in the mood for Italian, check out Scalini Fedeli in Chatham. This cozy spot offers delicious, authentic Italian cuisine in a warm, intimate setting. The menu includes classic dishes like spaghetti carbonara and veal chop alongside more innovative options like roasted bone marrow and truffle potato gnocchi.
For a lively atmosphere and great food, consider Cafe Matisse in Rutherford. This restaurant offers contemporary American cuisine with a creative spin, and the decor is just as colorful and quirky as the menu. The eclectic menu features items like pumpkin gnocchi, lamb chops, and seared duck breast, and the extensive wine list means you can find the perfect pairing for your meal.
If you're looking for a more low-key option, consider heading to a cozy Gastropub like The Cloverleaf Tavern in Caldwell. This spot offers delicious pub fare like burgers and fish and chips alongside craft beer and a laid-back atmosphere. Plus, there's live music on weekends to add to the ambiance.
No matter what your style or taste, there are plenty of options for a romantic Valentine's Day dinner in New Jersey. So go ahead and make a reservation, and get ready to enjoy a night of great food and even better company.
You may want to see also
Take a hot air balloon ride (various locations throughout NJ)
|Name||Balloons In Flight Over New Jersey, LLC|
|Type||Balloon ride tour agency in Bethlehem Township, New Jersey|
|Website||Go to website|
|Rating / Review count||4.8 / 43|
|Address||1045 Route 173 West, Asbury, NJ 08802|
|Hours||Thursday - opens at 9 AM and closes at 5 PM|
Friday - opens at 9 AM and closes at 5 PM
Saturday - opens at 9 AM and closes at 5 PM
Sunday - opens at 9 AM and closes at 5 PM
Monday - opens at 9 AM and closes at 5 PM
Tuesday - opens at 9 AM and closes at 5 PM
Wednesday - opens at 9 AM and closes at 5 PM
Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and if you're wondering how to make it special for your loved one, look no further than a hot air balloon ride! There are numerous locations throughout New Jersey that offer this unique and romantic experience, allowing you to soar above the earth and take in breathtaking views of the countryside. Here's what you can expect when you sign up for a ride:
First off, it's important to note that hot air balloon rides are typically weather-dependent, so make sure you check with the company to ensure your ride is confirmed. If the weather is clear and calm, you'll meet your pilot and crew at the launch site, where you'll get a safety briefing and watch as the balloon is inflated. Once it's ready, you and your partner will climb aboard the basket and take off into the sky!
As you ascend, you'll be treated to panoramic views of the surrounding landscape. Depending on where you're flying, you might see rolling hills, farmland, swaths of forest, and maybe even the glittering Manhattan skyline in the distance. There's something truly magical about floating gently above the earth, surrounded only by the sound of the burner and the wind in your hair. It's the perfect excuse to hold hands, snuggle up, and take a moment to appreciate each other's company.
Most hot air balloon rides last anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour, depending on the conditions. Your pilot will guide the balloon through the air, taking you higher or lower as needed to navigate around obstacles or catch a better breeze. You might even get the chance to chat with the pilot and crew, who are usually happy to share their knowledge and enthusiasm for ballooning with their passengers.
Once you touch back down on the ground, you'll share a celebratory toast with your fellow flyers and receive a certificate to commemorate your experience. Depending on the company, you might be treated to additional perks like breakfast or champagne, or the option to purchase souvenirs like photos or t-shirts.
If you're interested in taking a hot air balloon ride for Valentine's Day, there are many reputable companies throughout New Jersey that offer this experience. Some popular locations include Hunterdon Ballooning in Flemington, Balloonatics and Aeronuts in Lebanon, and Above & Beyond Ballooning in Chester. Be sure to book in advance, as these rides tend to fill up quickly around holidays like Valentine's Day.
Overall, a hot air balloon ride is an unforgettable and unique way to celebrate love and romance on Valentine's Day. Whether you're a lifelong adventurer or just looking to try something new, this experience is sure to create memories that will last a lifetime. So why not take the plunge and book your ride today?
You may want to see also
Book a couples massage at a spa (various locations throughout NJ)
Valentine's Day is around the corner, and New Jersey is one of the most romantic places to be at this time of the year. While there are endless ways to celebrate the day of love, a couples massage is an incredibly relaxing and romantic experience that you must try.
Thanks to the numerous spas across the state, getting a couple's massage is easy and accessible to everyone. Here is everything you need to know about booking a couples massage at a spa in New Jersey:
Benefits of a Couple's Massage:
A couples massage involves two people receiving relaxing massages at the same time, in the same room. It's a wonderful way to spend quality time with your partner and relieve stress from everyday life. Some of the benefits of a couples' massage include:
- Enhancing your loving bond
- Improving circulation and stimulating the lymphatic system
- Reducing stress, pain, and anxiety
- Helping you to relax and unwind
- Improving flexibility and joint mobility
How to Choose the Right Spa:
Choosing the right spa is important in ensuring that you get the best possible experience. Here are some things to consider when choosing a spa for your couples massage:
- Reputation: Look for spas with good reviews and ratings from past customers.
- Services offered: Check out the spa's website and see the range of massages and treatments available.
- Prices: Make sure you choose a spa that fits within your budget.
- Location: Choose a spa that is easily accessible to both you and your partner.
- Experience: Look out for spas that have experienced therapists and use quality products.
Where to Book a Couples Massage in New Jersey:
New Jersey boasts of numerous spa options, making it relatively easy to find a location near you. Here are a few spas to consider:
- Sojo Spa Club in Edgewater: This is a Korean spa that offers a luxurious experience with eight floors of relaxation and wellness activities.
- The Spa at Ocean Place in Long Branch: This spa offers ocean views, luxurious break areas, and packages that include sparkling wine and chocolate-covered strawberries.
- The Red Door Salon & Spa in Atlantic City: This spa offers a variety of couples spa packages to choose from, each with something unique and special.
- The Spa at Harrah's Resort in Atlantic City: This is a luxurious spa with a wide range of couples' massages and treatments.
- The Spa at Crystal Springs in Hamburg: This spa offers an extensive menu of treatments, including massages and facials, that are sure to help you and your sweetheart fully unwind.
A couples massage is an ideal way to spend quality time with your partner and create unforgettable moments on Valentine's Day. With numerous options to choose from in New Jersey, you're bound to find a spa that is perfect for you and your partner. Remember to book early to avoid missing out on the day of love.
You may want to see also
Take a scenic hike or nature walk (various locations throughout NJ)
Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and if you're looking for a unique way to spend the day with your loved one, why not take a scenic hike or nature walk in New Jersey? With various locations throughout the state, there are plenty of picturesque places to explore.
One of the most beautiful places to take a hike in New Jersey is the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. This park spans over 70,000 acres of rivers, forests, and mountains and offers numerous hiking trails for visitors to explore. Some of the most popular trails include the Mt. Minsi Trail, which offers stunning views of the Delaware River, and the Appalachian Trail, which winds its way through the park and offers breathtaking vistas.
Another great place to take a scenic hike is at the Palisades Interstate Park. This park offers over 30 miles of hiking trails, with options for all skill levels. For a romantic stroll, head to the Shore Trail, which follows the Hudson River and offers stunning views of the New York City skyline. Or take the strenuous Giant Stairs Trail, which takes you up a steep rock face for incredible views of the Hudson River and the Palisades cliffs.
If you're looking for a nature walk that's a bit more leisurely, head to the Duke Farms Natural Discovery Area in Hillsborough. This beautiful nature reserve offers 18 miles of walking trails that wind through meadows, gardens, and forests. Along the way, you'll see diverse wildlife and plant species, making it an ideal location for nature lovers.
For a unique twist on a Valentine's Day hike, head to Rutgers University Ecological Preserve in Piscataway. This preserve offers guided nature walks that take you through the woods at night, where you'll experience the sights and sounds of nature in a new way. There's nothing quite like a starlit hike to create the perfect romantic atmosphere.
In conclusion, taking a scenic hike or nature walk is a great way to spend Valentine's Day in New Jersey. With so many beautiful locations to choose from, you're sure to create lasting memories with your loved one. Remember to dress appropriately for the weather, wear comfortable shoes, and bring plenty of water and snacks for the journey. Happy hiking!
You may want to see also
Watch a movie at a drive-in theater (various locations throughout NJ)
Valentine's Day is the perfect occasion to express your love and appreciation towards your significant other. It is a day to create memories and cherish the moments that you spend together. If you are looking for a unique and romantic way to celebrate Valentine's Day in NJ, then watching a movie at a drive-in theater could be an excellent option.
A drive-in theater provides a unique and nostalgic experience that you and your partner will never forget. It is the perfect opportunity to cuddle up with your loved one under the stars, while watching a romantic movie on the big screen. There are various drive-in theaters located throughout NJ that offer an extensive range of movies to choose from.
One of the most popular drive-in theaters in NJ is the Delsea Drive-In Theatre, located at 2203 S Delsea Drive, Vineland, NJ. This theater provides a wide selection of movies for you to enjoy, ranging from the latest blockbuster releases to classic films. They also offer a concession stand, where you can get your favorite snacks and drinks to enjoy during the movie.
Another great option is the Warwick Drive-In Theatre, located at 5 Warwick Turnpike, Warwick, NY, which is a short drive from NJ. This drive-in theater is one of the oldest in the country and provides a unique and charming atmosphere that you and your partner will love. They also offer a snack bar, which serves a variety of food options, including burgers, hot dogs, nachos, and popcorn.
If you are looking for a more intimate and romantic setting, then you can also consider the Rahway Drive-In Theater, located at 1 Milton Ave, Rahway, NJ. This drive-in theater provides a cozy and intimate atmosphere, which is perfect for a romantic getaway with your significant other. They also offer a variety of romantic movies to choose from, including classic love stories, dramas, and comedies.
In conclusion, if you are looking for a unique and romantic way to spend Valentine's Day in NJ, then watching a movie at a drive-in theater could be an excellent option. It is a perfect opportunity to create memories and cherish the moments that you spend together with your significant other. So, pack up your blankets, grab some snacks, and head out to a drive-in theater to enjoy a romantic and unforgettable experience.
You may want to see also
Plan a picnic in a park or botanical garden (various locations throughout NJ)
Valentine's Day is just around the corner and it's time to start planning something special for that special someone in your life. If you're looking for something more low-key and romantic, a picnic in a park or botanical garden is a perfect way to celebrate the day of love.
Fortunately, New Jersey offers a plethora of beautiful parks and botanical gardens that provide the perfect backdrop for Valentine's Day picnics. Here are a few options to consider:
- Branch Brook Park - Newark, NJ - With over 360-acres, Branch Brook Park is one of the largest parks in Newark. It boasts the largest collection of cherry blossom trees in the US, which makes for a stunning backdrop during Valentine's Day picnics.
- Lambert Castle - Paterson, NJ - This historic castle is located on the Garret Mountain Reservation and offers stunning views of the New York City skyline. A picnic in its beautifully manicured gardens will make for an unforgettable Valentine's Day.
- Skylands New Jersey Botanical Garden - Ringwood, NJ - Spread across 96-acres, this botanical garden is the perfect place to relax and enjoy a romantic picnic with your loved one. Its lush gardens, charming pathways, and stunning waterfall make for a picturesque setting.
- Duke Farms - Hillsborough, NJ - Duke Farms is a great option for couples looking for a more ecological experience. With over 1,000-acres of outdoor space, it provides ample opportunity for hiking, bird watching, and exploring the natural beauty of the area.
When planning your Valentine's Day picnic, be sure to select a spot that offers plenty of shade, comfortable seating options, and has the necessary amenities like restroom facilities and trash receptacles. Pack a basket filled with your favorite foods and don't forget to bring blankets, pillows, and candles to set the mood.
Whether you're celebrating a long-term relationship or a new romance, a romantic picnic is sure to make your Valentine's Day special. So, gather your loved one, pack a picnic, and head to one of New Jersey's beautiful parks or botanical gardens for a day to remember.
You may want to see also
Attend a jazz or live music performance (various locations throughout NJ)
Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and if you're looking to do something special for your loved one, why not attend a jazz or live music performance in New Jersey? New Jersey offers a wide variety of live music performances on Valentine's Day, making it easy for you to find the perfect show that will set the mood for a romantic evening. Here are some of the best places to attend a jazz or live music performance in NJ.
New Brunswick Jazz Project
The New Brunswick Jazz Project is a nonprofit organization that promotes live jazz and blues performances in New Jersey. The group hosts free jazz performances every Tuesday at 8 PM at the Tavern on George in New Brunswick. On Valentine's Day, they will feature a special performance featuring jazz vocalist Gloria Galante.
Princeton Symphony Orchestra
The Princeton Symphony Orchestra is one of the best places to enjoy live classical music performances in New Jersey. On Valentine's Day, the group will be performing at the Richardson Auditorium in Princeton. The program will feature a variety of classical pieces, and the orchestra will be accompanied by famous cellist Joshua Roman.
Blue Note Jazz Club NJ
The Blue Note Jazz Club NJ is one of the most popular destinations for jazz fans in New Jersey. The club features live jazz performances every night, and on Valentine's Day, they will have a special performance. The club also offers a four-course meal for couples, making it the perfect spot for a romantic dinner date.
Royal Albert Music Hall
The Royal Albert Music Hall is a historic theater located in downtown New Brunswick. The hall features a variety of live music performances throughout the year, and on Valentine's Day, they will be hosting a special concert featuring Italian pianist and composer Ludovico Einaudi.
South Orange Performing Arts Center
The South Orange Performing Arts Center is one of the best places to enjoy live music performances in New Jersey. The center features a variety of shows, ranging from classical music to jazz and blues. On Valentine's Day, the center will be hosting a special performance featuring jazz pianist Cameron Graves.
In conclusion, attending a jazz or live music performance on Valentine's Day in New Jersey is a great way to set the mood for a romantic evening. With so many venues and performances to choose from, it's easy to find the perfect show that will make your Valentine's Day extra special. So, grab your loved one and head out to one of these amazing shows for a night you won't forget.
You may want to see also
Visit a museum or art exhibit (various locations throughout NJ)
Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and if you're looking for a unique way to spend the day with your special someone, why not visit a museum or art exhibit in New Jersey? With various locations across the state, there is sure to be something to suit every interest.
One popular option is the Newark Museum, which boasts an extensive collection of American, Asian, African, and decorative arts. Cuddle up with your date as you explore the museum's exhibits, including the Ballantine House, a restored Victorian mansion, and the Planetarium, which offers stunning shows exploring the night sky.
If modern art is more your thing, head to the Montclair Art Museum, which features an impressive collection of contemporary and American art. On Valentine's Day, the museum is offering a special event called "Art After Dark," where visitors can enjoy live music and cocktails while exploring the galleries.
Another option is the Grounds for Sculpture, a 42-acre sculpture park in Hamilton that is sure to inspire some romantic moments. Take a stroll through the gardens and admire the works of art scattered throughout the grounds, including sculptures by renowned artists such as Seward Johnson and Isaac Witkin.
For those interested in history, the Battleship New Jersey Museum and Memorial in Camden offers a unique way to spend the day. Take a tour of the historic battleship and learn about its fascinating service in World War II, Korea, Vietnam, and the Gulf War. Be sure to stop by the ship's Memorial Walkway to honor the brave men and women who served on the ship.
No matter where you choose to go, spending Valentine's Day at a museum or art exhibit in New Jersey is sure to be a memorable experience. So why not skip the traditional dinner-and-a-movie date and try something new this year? Who knows, you might even discover a new favorite artist or piece of history to share with your loved one.
You may want to see also
Take a cooking class together (various locations throughout NJ)
Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and every year it seems like the pressure to come up with the perfect date idea gets harder and harder. If you’re looking for something outside the ordinary chocolates and roses, taking a cooking class together is a unique and fun way to spend the day in New Jersey!
Cooking classes are a great way to learn a new skill, interact with others and share a meal with your loved one. Here are some ideas of where to take a cooking class in NJ that will surely make your Valentine's Day memorable.
- Classic Thyme Kitchen (Westfield, NJ) - This cooking school offers a variety of classes whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned cook. They have hands-on classes, where you’ll be making the meal, a chef’s table where you sit and observe the chef’s cooking techniques, and theme classes such as a date night or chocolate lovers class.
- Viking Cooking School (Atlantic City, NJ) - This cooking school is located in Harrah’s Resort, where you can take a class and then go explore the casino for the rest of the day. They have numerous classes where you can learn classic dishes or try something new with their ethnic cuisine classes.
- Hudson Table (Hoboken and Jersey City, NJ) - This cooking school is perfect for a date night as the classes are informal and taught by chefs who are passionate about their craft. They offer an array of classes such as pasta making, sushi rolling, and even steakhouse techniques.
- Market Basket (Franklin Lakes, NJ) - If you’re into farm-to-table cooking, then this is the place for you. The classes here use fresh, local ingredients and they offer a variety of cuisines like French, Italian and Mexican.
- The Farm Cooking School (Lambertville, NJ) - This beautiful farm-to-table cooking school is set on a farm in Hunterdon County. Classes here range from making bread, pizza, and even homemade kimchi.
Regardless of where you decide to take a cooking class, you and your significant other will be learning a new skill while sharing a fun experience. It's a perfect way to create memories and have a unique Valentine's Day this year.
You may want to see also
Rent a tandem bike and tour the town (various locations throughout NJ)
With Valentine's Day just around the corner, many couples are looking for unique and romantic ways to spend the day. While there are countless options to choose from, one of the most exciting and fun activities you can do is to rent a tandem bike and tour the town. Fortunately, there are many places throughout New Jersey where you can do so, and it's not only a great way to see various sights, but also a perfect way to spend some quality time with your loved one.
If you're up for some exploration and adventure, renting a tandem bike is a perfect way to get some exercise and soak in the gorgeous surroundings. It's a great option for couples who love the outdoors and appreciate the beauty of nature, as the tandem bike allows you to ride in unison, feeling the wind on your faces and the sun on your skin.
One great location to rent a tandem bike and tour the town is at Long Beach Island, where you can enjoy more than 18 miles of scenic bike paths with stunning views of the beach and bay. You can have your pick of bikes at Fantasy Island and Cruise N' Gear, from classic cruisers to hybrid bikes perfect for riding on any terrain. In addition, they offer maps and suggestions for different routes to take, depending on what you're in the mood for, including a scenic ride around the historic homes of Beach Haven, or a relaxed cruise down the beach in Surf City.
Another great location for tandem biking is the Delaware River Towns - Lambertville, New Hope, and Frenchtown. With stunning scenery and charming streets full of antique shops, galleries, and restaurants, it's no surprise that this area is a top choice for couples looking to make the most of Valentine's Day. You can rent a bike from the Bike King in New Hope, and embark on a scenic journey alongside the Delaware River, making unforgettable moments along the way.
In the end, renting a tandem bike and touring the town is an excellent option for couples looking for a unique and adventurous way to spend their Valentine's Day. Whether it's Long Beach Island or the Delaware River Towns that you choose, you're sure to have a memorable and romantic experience with your special someone. And best of all, you'll have something beautiful to remember and cherish for years to come.
You may want to see also
Enjoy a horse-drawn carriage ride (various locations throughout NJ)
Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and if you're in New Jersey, there are plenty of ways to make your loved one feel special. One of the most romantic things to do on this special occasion is to enjoy a horse-drawn carriage ride with your significant other. Here are some locations throughout NJ where you can take your romantic ride:
- Cape May - This charming Victorian town located at the southern tip of New Jersey is just the perfect setting for a romantic horse-drawn carriage ride. Snuggle up with your loved one and take in the beautiful architecture, historic landmarks, and the stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Atlantic City - Escape the noise and fast-paced environment of the city and experience a leisurely horse-drawn carriage ride on the Boardwalk. A perfect way to spend the afternoon, take in the stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean while comfortably seated in your carriage.
- Princeton - If you're looking for a charming and picturesque town to enjoy a romantic carriage ride, Princeton is just perfect. Take in the beautifully manicured lawns, ivy-covered brick walls, and the stunning architecture of the Princeton University campus.
- Lambertville - This charming town located along the Delaware River offers a great opportunity to enjoy a romantic ride through the town's historic streets, along the riverfront, and through the scenic countryside.
- Red Bank - For those living in the central part of New Jersey, Red Bank offers a perfect romantic getaway. Take in the town's charming and cozy streets, along with the beautiful views of the Navesink River.
These are just a few of the many locations in New Jersey that offer romantic horse-drawn carriage rides on Valentine's Day. Many of these locations offer different packages and durations, so be sure to do your research beforehand. If you're planning to surprise your significant other, a horse-drawn carriage ride is just what you need to make your Valentine's Day special, memorable, and above all, romantic.
You may want to see also
Frequently asked questions
- The Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton Township is a stunning outdoor museum that's perfect for a romantic stroll. The Wagner Farm Arboretum in Warren Township also offers a picturesque outdoor experience with its beautiful gardens and winding trails.
- Many restaurants around the state offer special Valentine's Day menus and packages. You can also check out local wineries for special tastings or take a cooking class with your significant other. The Adventure Aquarium in Camden sometimes hosts a "Sips Under the Sea" event for couples to explore the aquarium after hours with cocktails and music.
- You can give your special someone a gift certificate to a hot air balloon ride or a spa day at a local resort. Likewise, taking a special cooking class together, or visiting a craft brewery together, could be a thoughtful gift idea. For a more traditional gift, consider buying a bouquet of fresh flowers from a local florist or finding a unique piece of jewelry from a local artisan.